Formerly known as Paradox, Hexx hail from San Francisco, but unlike many of the thrash bands coming out of the Bay Area recently, these guys opt for a more accessible form of metal; more in the Black Sabbath / Ozzy Osbourne / Dio mould. But don’t dismiss Hexx as mere clones, for they deliver a heavy and aggressive sound that is often both adventurous and original.
There’s few albums released these days that do not include at least one bum track, but No Escape is consistent throughout. ‘Look To The Sky’ and ‘Night Of Pain’ are probably the highlight tracks due to some highly imaginative riffing from Dan Watson, who also lays down some excellent lead work, especially on the title track.
‘Terror’ and ‘Invader’ also deserve a special mention for their sheer aggression, and if Hexx can develop on the consistency shown with this debut then the next album could be a killer.
Review taken from Metal Forces, Issue 10 (1985)
- MIRACLE MASTER – Tattooed Woman (2014) | Album / EP Reviews @ Metal Forces Magazine
- KIRK – Masquerade (2014) | Album / EP Reviews @ Metal Forces Magazine
- SAVAGE MESSIAH – The Fateful Dark (2014) | Album / EP Reviews @ Metal Forces Magazine
- NERVOSA – Victim Of Yourself (2014) | Album / EP Reviews @ Metal Forces Magazine
- BLACKWOLF – The Hunt (2014) | Album / EP Reviews @ Metal Forces Magazine